Software Engineering: Question Set – 23
What is responsive design? What is the difference between fixed and fluid layouts?
- Responsive website design. Websites that are constructed with responsive design make use of media queries to target breakpoints that scale images, wrap text, and adjust the layout. This allows the website to shrink to fit any size of screen, such as the difference between desktops and mobiles.
- Fluid website design. Websites that are constructed with a fluid design employ the use of percentages as relative indications for the widths of their pages.
- Fixed design. Websites that are constructed with a fixed design rely on pixel widths that are predetermined. Although a design with fixed dimensions may at times be the quickest way to get up and running, the user experience that it provides across a variety of devices will be less friendly to the user.
Describe the process you have for a programming task, from requirements to delivery.
- A structure that is applied to the process of developing a software product is known as the software development process or the life cycle. There are many different models for these kinds of processes, such as the agile method, and each of these models describes an approach to a different kind of activity or task that takes place within the process.
- Analysis of the requirements. The first step in developing a piece of software that meets a customer’s needs and expectations is to gather those needs and expectations. Customers probably assume that they have a good understanding of what the programme is supposed to accomplish; yet, it may take expertise and experience in software engineering to spot requirements that are incomplete, confusing, or conflicting.
- Specification. The task of accurately and methodically specifying the software that is going to be written is known as the specification. In actuality, the majority of effective specifications are created in order to comprehend and improve applications that have already been established to a satisfactory level; nonetheless, safety-critical software systems are frequently meticulously detailed before the development of the application. Specifications are of the utmost significance for any external interfaces that are required to maintain their consistency.
- The architecture of software. An abstract representation of a software system is what is meant when people talk about the system’s architecture. Architecture is concerned with ensuring that the software system will meet the requirements of the product, as well as guaranteeing that future requirements can be addressed. This is because architecture is concerned with ensuring that future requirements can be met.
What is Agile development methodology?
- The Agile development technique is an approach to software engineering that places an emphasis on rapidly developing and putting into action various solutions.
- This approach to the creation of software enables continuous input, which in turn assists the team in producing higher-quality products.
What programming languages do you use? Which three do you prefer or are most familiar with?
- Interviewers have come to anticipate that candidates for engineering jobs are fluent in numerous languages. It’s possible that they’ll seek for an engineer who has previous expertise programming in both C++ and Java as a way to determine whether or not an applicant has the ability to quickly learn new programming languages.
- Having prior expertise scripting in either Perl or Python is also a significant asset to have.
Do you have any personal projects? Tell me about them.
- It can be challenging to zero in on a single concept for a project at times. If you are experiencing this issue, you should begin by creating a copy of another application using a different technology stack or something similar. This will get your brain working, and ultimately you’ll think of something else that would be more enjoyable for you to do. The most important thing is not to think of a brilliant idea. The important thing is to launch yourself into something.
- After you’ve spent some time working on your replica, you might become aware of some deficiencies in the application that you can improve upon. You could come to the conclusion that you no longer want to make this replica, in which case you would move on to working on something else. When you replicate an existing programme, the goal is not to really create a copy of the original app. The goal is to get you involved in something so that you can figure out what it is that you really want to do with your life.
Have you ever disagreed with your boss or manager? What did you do?
Your objective is to relate a case in which you had a disagreement with your management and proved that you were correct in your assessment of the situation. The reason you want to be accurate is because your tale should ideally demonstrate how skilled you are at your work. This will instil confidence in the hiring manager that they made the proper decision to hire you. This answer may also demonstrate other valuable qualities such as the ability to negotiate, sell a concept, and inspire others.
Tell me about a tough software development problem and how you solved it.
Give a brief description. Assume that the other person is unaware of any specialised terminology or the specific issues faced by your sector. You may also question the person conducting the interview about their level of experience with the issue you are about to convey, and then adjust your response based on how much context the other person already has.
What is the difference between functional requirements and non-functional requirements?
The functional requirements of a developed software product are the functions that are anticipated to be carried out by the product. For instance, the addition of a payment option at an online storefront that sells physical goods will be a functional requirement. The application’s usability is evaluated based on non-functional needs such as its appearance and feel in the user interface, its security, performance, interoperability, and reliability, amongst others.