Software Engineering: Question Set – 10
Explain: Risk Management
When anything goes wrong while attempting to implement a plan, risk management is the process of coming up with a backup plan to minimise the damage to the original conclusion.
What are the different kinds of software maintenance?
The various software upkeep varieties include:
When we talk about “corrective maintenance,” we’re referring to the upkeep that’s performed specifically to fix bugs in the software.
Maintenance that takes into account environmental shifts is called “adaptive.”
The term “perfective maintenance” refers to the process of adapting an existing system to new conditions.
Preventive maintenance entails making adjustments for better future maintainability.
What are the types of Static Testing tools?
Static testing instruments can be broken down into three categories:
- Source code is the input for code-based testing tools, which then produce test cases.
- Test-specific software: in this language, you may create a comprehensive test specification for every test case.
- Tools for testing based on user needs are called requirement-based testing tools.
Refactoring is the process of making changes to a software system without affecting its outward behaviour.
What is COCOMO model?
It is estimated that the development of the software product will take a number of staff months, and this can be calculated using the Constructive Cost Model (COCOMO).
Modifying the structure of an already-existing system or adding new parts to it are both examples of the types of modifications that can be done during maintenance.
Name the Evolutionary process Models.
The models of evolutionary powers are:
- Incremental model
- Spiral model
- WIN-WIN spiral model
- Concurrent Development
What are the disadvantages of classic life cycle model?
Classic life cycle models include drawbacks, such as:
- Real projects rarely adhere to the sequential sequence. Problem-causing iteration is inevitable.
- The customer may have trouble articulating their needs in a clear manner.
- There is no usable version of the software at this time. Therefore, the client needs to be patient.
What are the internal milestones?
They are the essential and observable characteristics of development. These are the tried-and-true procedures used previously with similar projects, so we know we are on the right course. The project manager is responsible for overseeing them.
Define Software Prototyping.
For the purpose of requirements validation, rapid software development is often portrayed as software prototyping.