Data Structures: MCQ Set – 04
Q31: Activation record is stored on
- (A) Queue
- (B) Stack
- (C) Linked list
- (D) AVL Tree
Q32: The situation in linked list START=NULL is called ?
- (A) The situation in linked list START=NULL is called ?
- (B) Overflow
- (C) Underflow
- (D) Both of above
Q33: Which of the following data structure is non-linear type?
- (A) Strings
- (B) Lists
- (C) Stacks
- (D) None of above
Q34: A binary search tree is a binary tree
- (A) All items in the left subtree are less than root
- (B) All items in the right subtree are greater than or equal to the root
- (C) Each subtree is itself a binary search tree
- (D) All of the above
Q35: When we say an algorithm has a time complexity of O (n), what does it mean?
- (A) The algorithm has ‘n’ nested loops
- (B) The computation time taken by the algorithm is proportional to n
- (C) The algorithm is ‘n’ times slower than a standard algorithm
- (D) There are ‘n’ number of statements in the algorithm
- (E) The computation time taken by the algorithm is less than ‘n’ seconds.
Q36: Two main measures for the efficiency of an algorithm are
- (A) Processor and memory
- (B) Complexity and capacity
- (C) Time and space
- (D) Data and space
Q37: To implement Sparse matrix dynamically, the following data structure is used
- (A) Trees
- (B) Graphs
- (C) Priority Queues
- (D) Linked List
Q38: Which allows deletion at only one end of the list but allows insertion at both ends of the list?
- (A) Deque
- (B) Circular queue
- (C) Output restricted deque
- (D) Input restricted deque
Q39: Electronic spreadsheets are most useful in a situation where relatively …. data must be input but …… calculations are required.
- (A) little; simple
- (B) large; simple
- (C) large; complex
- (D) little; complex
Q40: Applications of Queue are
- (A) Simulation, event driven systems
- (B) Postfix and prefix manipulations
- (C) Dictionary systems, polynomial manipulations
- (D) Fixed block storage allocation, garbage collection