Machine Learning: MCQs Set – 12

Machine Learning: MCQs Set – 12

Q111: Bootstrapping allows us to

  • (A) choose the same training instance several times
  • (B) choose the same test set instance several times
  • (C) build models with alternative subsets of the training data several times
  • (D) test a model with alternative subsets of the test data several times

Q112: Choosing data in such a way that each class is represented equally in both the training and test sets

  • (A) cross validation
  • (B) stratification
  • (C) verification
  • (D) bootstrapping

Q113: Each data instance is assigned a conditional probability value using this method.

  • (A) linear regression
  • (B) logistic regression
  • (C) simple regression
  • (D) multiple linear regression

Q114: A model of language consists of the categories which does not include?

  • (A) Language units
  • (B) Role structure of units
  • (C) System constraints
  • (D) Structural units

Q115: Which of the following approaches performs actions that are comparable to dropout in a neural network?

  • (A) Bagging
  • (B) Boosting
  • (C) Stacking
  • (D) None of these

Q116: What approaches may be used to reduce overfitting in decision trees?

  • (A) Pruning
  • (B) Make sure each leaf node is one pure class
  • (C) ) Enforce a minimum number of samples in leaf nodes
  • (D)  Enforce a maximum depth for the tree

Q117: Which of the following is a constant property of a kernel matrix?

  • (A) Invertible
  • (B) All the entries are positive
  • (C) At least one negative eigenvalue
  • (D) Symmetric

Q118: Correlation between two variables (Var1 and Var2) is 0.65. Now, after adding numeric 2 to all the values of Var1, the correlation co-efficient will_______?

  • (A) Increase
  • (B) Decrease
  • (C) None of these

Q119: A and B are the two coins we have. The probability of receiving a head on each toss of coin A is 1/2, while the probability of getting heads on each toss of coin B is 1/3. Tosses of the same coin are independent of one another. We choose a coin at random and throw it till it comes up heads. The chance of picking coin A is 1/4 and that of selecting coin B is 3/4. What is the average number of tosses required to get the first heads?

  • (A) 2.75
  • (B) 3.35
  • (C) 4.13
  • (D) 5.33

Q120: Assume you’re in the business of selling sandwiches. 70% of those polled choose eggs, while the remaining 30% prefer chicken. What is the probability of selling two egg sandwiches to the following three customers?

  • (A) 0.343
  • (B) 0.063
  • (C) 0.147
  • (D) 0.027