What are the benefits of the DDA line drawing algorithm?
Following are the benefits of DDA line drawing algorithm:
- It is straightforward.
- It is simple to grasp.
- It eliminates the multiplications that are required in the explicit line drawing equation, y = mx + c.
- DDA is much faster.
- DDA outperforms an implicit line drawing algorithm in terms of efficiency.
- It does not necessitate any specialized knowledge to put it into action.
What are the drawbacks of the DDA line drawing algorithm?
- Each pixel is subjected to a floating point operation.
- It does rounding off for each pixel.
- Rounding off error accumulates with each iteration, and the computed pixel position may deviate from the real position as a result of the cumulative rounding off error.
- It takes longer.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the incremental approach.
- Easy to understand.
- Simple to code.
- It is slow and inefficient.
- Requires the use of floating point multiplication.
- Each step must include a rounding procedure.
Describe the advantages and disadvantages of Bresenham’s line drawing algorithm.
- Only involves integer calculations.
- It outperforms DDA in terms of speed.
- Using a shift register, you may implement multiplication by two in hardware.
- Involves less expensive operations such as addition and subtraction
- More accurate
- Bresenham’s approach does not perform rounding
- Bresenham’s line drawing method ignores anti-aliasing.
- It may not result in a smooth line.
Differentiate: DDA vs. Bresenham’s Line Drawing Algorithm
|Sr. No.||DDA Algorithm||Bresenham’s Algorithm|
|1.||Involves floating point calculation.||Purely based on integer calculation.|
|2.||Involves costly operations like multiplication and division.||Involves cheaper operations like addition and subtraction.|
|3.||Due to floating point operation, it is slower.||It is faster as it involves only integer calculation.|
|4.||Less accurate.||More accurate.|
|5.||DDA performs rounding off operation of each pixel.||Bresenham’s algorithm does not perform a rounding operation.|
|6.||Expensive due to extensive multiplication and division operations.||Less expensive as it computes the points on line using addition and subtraction.|
State the advantages of midpoint line drawing algorithm
The following are the benefits of the mid-point line drawing algorithm:
- It is solely reliant on integer computation.
- Involves less expensive processes such as addition and subtraction.
- It is faster because it just involves integer calculations.
- More precise.
- The rounding process is not performed by Bresenham’s algorithm.
- Cheaper because it computes the points on a line using addition and subtraction.
Draw different scenarios of mid-point line drawing algorithm
Two scenarios for mid point line drawing algorithm are depicted in diagram.
List advantages and disadvantages of polar circle drawing method.
- Easy to compute.
- Creates a circle with uniformly distributed points on circle boundary.
- Computationally expensive.
- sin and cos trigonometric series is expanded for each pair of coordinates.
- Two round operations are performed per pixel.
- Pseudocode is shown to generate a circle using polar representation.
Scholarly Article: 3D extension of Bresenham’s Algorithm. Click to read