What are the issues in polygon clipping?
Following are the issues in polygon clipping.
- Clipping a line segment produces only one line segment.
- Convex polygon clipping can only produce one polygon
- Concave polygon clipping can result in numerous polygons
- A number of output edges for the same input polygon may differ depending on its orientation and geographical location
- New edges may be required.
- The edge can be thrown away or separated.
Which algorithmic strategy is used in Sutherland-Hodgeman polygon clipping approach?
Sutherland-Hodgeman polygon clipping uses divide and conquer approach to clip the given polygon
State the advantages of generalized polygon clipping approach
Following are the advantages of generalized polygon clipping method
- This approach can easily handle concave polygons as well.
- It is not necessary to split the concave polygon in order to transform it to a convex polygon.
- It does not produce surious edges, unlike the Sutherland-Hodgeman method, hence no post processing is required.
Scholarly Article: Simple and efficient 2D and 3D span clipping algorithms. Click to read
≪ Previous Page | Next Page ≫